Thursday, August 27, 2009

*Patting myself on the back*

Last night I had a great idea of getting up extra earlier today so I could go to the gym before my 8:30 class. Normally, I would have kept hitting the snooze button until it was too late, but for some reason I was full of energy when I woke up this morning from only 4 good hours of sleep lol. I had a good workout and I'm really thinking about advancing my routine soon very soon. I've lost a total of about >5 lbs. I know that's not a lot, but I'm very proud of myself. It's been about a month since I started working out about three times a week. I'm starting to notice my stomach flattening and my flab tightening...its great.

After my workout, I took a shower and rinsed my hair at the gym when a thought hit me. I would have never been able to rinse/cowash my hair on an almost daily basis when my hair was relaxed. And even if I could I would have never been able to slap some activator gel and a headband and just go. I was admiring my curls in the mirror and I still can't believe that my hair is natural. This might be easier for some ppl to accept, but to me its a huge change. Personally, its been a change for the better. I love love love my hair and I know she loves me too lol.

1 comment:

~ Hermelynda ~
Walking with Wisdom Leading My Steps
said...

Good job with building a habit to workout three times a week! :) Keep it up! :) Respect your body by eating right and your body will reward you with a healthy and attractive figure that is right for you and only you.