Thursday, August 13, 2009

It feels so good

I hope you had the opportunity to feel the great pleasure in ur heart when u've heard that you've encouraged someone. This doesn't pertain only to natural hair but all things we experience in life. As I was told when I was younger "someone is always watching u" and its so true. Unfortunately, ppl also are watching us when we're doing things negatively as well, but thats another story.

Recently, I got a DM(direct message) on Twitter from a college friend of mine. She stressed how much she want to get rid of her perm. Over this past year plus some, I can't remember the last time she had worn her on hair out. She didn't wasn't addicted to LF or anything so I knew something deeper was going on. She had a mishap last summer when taking out the tracks from her last hair style. A chunk of hair was stuck to the track and would not come out. She was rocking her wig to hid the damage I believe. Anyways, to make a long story short. Tuesday night she sent me a pic. She BC'd yall!! I'm so happy for her. She told me that its becuz of me that she first started thinking about going natural. I'm estatic.

Also, my mom and sister are still transitioning. I'm going to continue holding their hands all the way through. Its such a great feeling.

No comments: