Monday, September 28, 2009

Weekend Cap

I hope everyone had a great wknd...I know I did. Recently, I've been mentioning that trouble has been arising with my honey. Either I'm going crazy or he is really turning around. Some feel I'm wasting time and money by going out my way to visit him every wknd and I admit sometimes I feel like that. Other times I keep reminding myself that he is still one the first best friends I've ever had and I truly enjoy spending time with him. Our lifetimes are limited and heck we only live once.

With that being said I was damn near surprised how smooth my wknd went. Over a month ago I decided that I would take my friends suggestions and play games with the boy's mind. I hate playing games, but its working so I ain't complaining. One evident fault that I continuously see ppl make is going back on their word. It may seem small at times, but my model is "if your not really going to do it don't waste ur breath saying it." It results in disappointment and the ppl ur trying to prove a point to stop taking u seriously. I'm trying my best to keep this thought in my mind becuz right at this point several ppl in my life are hitting a wall face first(repetitively). My question for them is "for what?" If you just want to have fun, then u wouldn't even let words come out ur mouth like "I'm calling the police if you don't leave" and then the next day ur having sex with the person in the house u told them to leave. This may seem like common sense to u, but in the heat of the moment ppl really have difficulty with these things.

Anyways my point is I made straight forward restrictions for myself and I've stuck with them. In return, me and my honey had several nice conversations this wknd. He was able to open up about a lot of things that have been hard for him for so many years. He was more compassionate and understanding than he usually is. And we listened to each other. He's starting to notice that I do have other options, so he needs to either step up or step out.

As I was on my way to work this morning, FB statuses notified me that the weather is not looking to hot in the Chicagoland and NW Indiana area. Of course, my family didn't call to let me know if they were taking precautions or anything. My mother was still knocked out when I called and didn't have any clue that a storm is coming. Go figure.

No comments: